The Syndrome Mag is a non-profit that uses comedy online and in-person to enlighten and educate about gender equality issues such as reproductive rights, pay inequality, and the impact living in a patriarchy has on women’s everyday lives. Last year, we debuted our successful first book, Random Female Syndromes, and we are currently seeking writers to contribute to our second.
What we’re looking for:
- A strong viewpoint
- Diversity of women’s voices and perspectives
- Did we mention funny?
Show Us Your Wits:
Funny Women Surviving Coronavirus Lockdown by Laughing Through It
You’ve laughed. You’ve cried. You’ve stopped wearing a bra and started day-drinking. Now’s the time to start writing.
The Syndrome Mag is curating a book of funny essays about how women across the world are coping with quarantine, social distancing, teleworking and all the other changes we face because of the COVID-19 crisis. We are looking for hysterical first-person stories and lists on specific issues from a women’s perspective. We will pay $20 for each essay (800-1200 words) accepted into the book.
Here are some topics to choose from:
- Women on the front lines battling the pandemic
- People of color who are most susceptible to this crisis due to systemic racism
- Lessons in intersectionality from the lockdown
- How women leaders have kicked COVID worldwide
- Politics - where to go from here
- Pregnant in lockdown